Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Igorpole
Helper I
Helper I

Connect to PW protected Access DB file in Sharepoint

Hi all!

I know that currently it's not possible to connect directly to a PW protected accdb file. But it's possible to use OLE DB connection string to connect. It works perfectly when a file is local but I need to store it at Sharepoint. When I try to connect to such file I'm requested for the username and password from DB. When I provide my Microsoft account credentials (that work well when I connect to "Sharepoint Folder") it doesn't give me access to that file. I understand that somehow I have to authenticate me to Sharepoint but I have no idea how to do it in a case of OLE DB connection string.

Any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3
v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Igorpole ,

Password-protected Access database files are still not supported. I am afraid that the feature is not in the pipeline, if Power BI team has plan to add this feature, some feedback will be sent in this idea: https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/10517454-add-connection-to-passwo... .

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Igorpole
Helper I
Helper I

I try to use such a construction so that I authenticate to Sharepoint in the first step and after that I use OLE DB. But it gives me an error.
let
Source = SharePoint.Files("https://mysite.sharepoint.com/sites/myfolder", [ApiVersion = 15]),
Source2 = OleDb.DataSource("provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0;data source=\\mysite.sharepoint.com\sites\myfolder\Shared%20Documents\SampleDB\Sample.accdb;jet oledb:database password=myPW"),
#"Sales-diagnostic-daily_Table" = Source2{[Name="Sales-diagnostic-daily",Kind="Table"]}[Data]
in
#"Sales-diagnostic-daily_Table"

Igorpole_0-1636692356156.png

Igorpole
Helper I
Helper I

Also it can be that I use incorrect path to the file. How can I get the valid path?

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors