Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Dano001
Frequent Visitor

Append into Historic table without deleting previous rows

Hello,

I have 2 tables; 1 for current data and 1 for historic data. I would like to "append" the current data into the historic data table, WITHOUT deleteing the previous rows. 

When i use Append, it deletes the data from the historic table first, before appending in the new data.

Current data will only hold 1 weeks worth of data, where Historic table will hold all previous weeks data. 

I am trying to improve performance on the dataload because these spreadsheets have a lot of data

thank you!

I saw a video awhile back where you duplicate the table as a temp table, use it as a reference and update a parameter(?), then delete the temp table. But i can no longer find that

2 REPLIES 2
ppm1
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

If your spreadsheets are time based (i.e., filename has text that can be converted to date), you can leverage incremental refresh to greatly speed up your refresh. See this video for the general approach.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVMdg16yBKE

Pat

Microsoft Employee
Dano001
Frequent Visitor

I appreciate the quick response, but that is not what i am looking for. my files update weekly.

This looks to be only updating the published report. i would like to see this data in the desktop dashboard / tables everytime it is opened. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors