Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

aaa12
Frequent Visitor

Canvas App integration with Power BI - Unable to import data

Hello - I followed a youtube video on integrating PowerApps on Power BI dashboard. I am running into an issue and after hours of searching I am posting to this forum.

I initiated a PowerApps session in PowerBI and then in the ensuing Canvas Apps portal, I connected to a Sharepoint data source. I entered the following function for the Form: 

LookUp('DAR - Data Dictionary Submission Form','Name of the Table (u)'=First(PowerBIIntegration.Data).Table)

I published the app and refreshed the PowerBI. I see the form in PowerBI but the data fields don't show up. Can anyone please advice on what I could have overlooked?

Form view in Canvas Apps

Form view in Power BI

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
aaa12
Frequent Visitor

turns out it was cardinality issue. I was forming a one to many relationship but PowerBI Integration require 1:1 relationship.

Sharing this in case it helps someone else.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
aaa12
Frequent Visitor

turns out it was cardinality issue. I was forming a one to many relationship but PowerBI Integration require 1:1 relationship.

Sharing this in case it helps someone else.

aaa12
Frequent Visitor

fair point but I can confirm i created it on make.powerapps.com studio. I followed the youtube video so I know it should work.

aaa12
Frequent Visitor

Thank you for your response, and yes, I have tried recreating it but unfortunately it has not worked. About your comment about it still loading: it has been loading for several hours and I am only working with a few row items so I feel there is probably something more to it. 

Is this the SharePoint integration canvas app, or did you create it from the make.powerapps.com studio? I am wondering if that has something to do with it - there are a few Power Apps features that don't work when you are creating the form customization directly from SharePoint vs creating a blank app and connecting to SharePoint as a source... 

aaa12
Frequent Visitor

@christinepayton : Have you faced something similar before?

No, I don't use the Power App integration very often though - it looks like it thinks it's still loading, have you tried re-adding the Power Apps visual to the PBI report page? That might shake it loose... 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors