Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

lmandrade
Frequent Visitor

Problems with URL filtering in Power BI application

When filtering a report directly on the URL generating a QRCode with this link, when opening the report in the Power BI Android app it opens without the filter. Does anyone know how to force the app to accept the URL filter?

lmandrade_0-1629483743494.png

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @lmandrade ,

At present, there is no such function as you mentioned. URL filtering cannot be performed when the link jumps to the Power BI mobile app. You can only perform URL filtering in the browser on the mobile. You can submit your idea and vote for it: https://ideas.powerbi.com/ideas/

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Hey @lmandrade and @v-stephen-msft ,

Power BI Mobile apps (IOS and Android) DO support passing params in report URL. 

The part that is not supported for now, if that the QR generation in Power BI does not capture the query params. This is a workitem in the team's backlog.

@lmandrade - can you please add your vote to this feature in Power BI Ideas website to help us prioritize? Microsoft Idea  · Add filters to QR (powerbi.com)

If you wish, I would also like to learn more about your scenario of using QR + filters. Can you please email us at Power BI Mobile Support <mpbisup@microsoft.com> with more details?

Thanks, Maya 

mshenhav
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

Hey @Anonymous ,

Thanks for reporting that.

We will fix that in the coming release (expected around end of October).

Please make sure to upgrade your IOS app.

Thanks, Maya

8 REPLIES 8
akshay4839
Advocate II
Advocate II

Thx - Helps me too

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

@KenLuca An underscore is a special character and needs to be escaped.

mshenhav
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

Hey @Anonymous ,

Thanks for reporting that.

We will fix that in the coming release (expected around end of October).

Please make sure to upgrade your IOS app.

Thanks, Maya

Thank you. 

v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @lmandrade ,

At present, there is no such function as you mentioned. URL filtering cannot be performed when the link jumps to the Power BI mobile app. You can only perform URL filtering in the browser on the mobile. You can submit your idea and vote for it: https://ideas.powerbi.com/ideas/

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hey @lmandrade and @v-stephen-msft ,

Power BI Mobile apps (IOS and Android) DO support passing params in report URL. 

The part that is not supported for now, if that the QR generation in Power BI does not capture the query params. This is a workitem in the team's backlog.

@lmandrade - can you please add your vote to this feature in Power BI Ideas website to help us prioritize? Microsoft Idea  · Add filters to QR (powerbi.com)

If you wish, I would also like to learn more about your scenario of using QR + filters. Can you please email us at Power BI Mobile Support <mpbisup@microsoft.com> with more details?

Thanks, Maya 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @mshenhav 

I encountered a problem when using URL filters for the iOS app - it just does not apply the filter as expected.

This is the link that I am using:

https://app.powerbi.com/Redirect?Action=OpenReport&reportObjectId={reportid}&groupObjectId={groupId}...} eq '%id%'

It works fine when opened in the browser on PC/Laptop where the Power BI web app is opened, but when navigated from the browser on the mobile device, it opens the Power BI app, but the filter is not applied. The report is always opened with the same "filter" even when I come from different sources.

Are you sure that this works? I could not find examples in the docs for filters when using this kind of link so I am curious if it actually works...

Regards,
Denis

Hey @Anonymous,

Thanks for reporting that. We will be fixing this.

Please make sure to get the next app release, it should have a fix for this issue.

Regards, Maya

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors