Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

X19203659
Frequent Visitor

Power bi report builder setup parameter to avoid the parameter to revert back to default value

Hi experts,

I hope that you are keeping well

On the app powerbi I have published some reports with 3 parameter (routes, start and end date). These report were built via Power Bi Report Builder.

When I open the reports for the first time, the reports run normally filtered by the default value located in the parameter.

default dates

X19203659_0-1674218406066.png

Then I am not able to amend the "to calendar date" parameter and then the "from calendar date" parameter without having the "to calendar date" reset to the default value.

non default value for "to calendar date"

X19203659_1-1674218710056.png

Try now to amend the "from calendar date" without having the "to calendar date" reverting to 21/01/2023 (it is impossible)

X19203659_2-1674218858559.png

The only way to amend the two date parameters from the default value is first to amend the "from calendar date" parameter and then the "to calendar date" parameter.

The 2 date parameters  revert to their default values when I also amend the "routes" parameter. 

Does a solution exists to amend parameters without being obliged to amend them in a certain order to avoid the risk of having a default value reappering? 

Many thanks in advance for your help!

Kind regards,

Guillaume

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors