Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Visual Header Tooltip Works Perfectly in PBI Desktop but Does Not Work in PBI Service

I created a visual header tooltip that works perfectly in PBI Desktop for a slicer (See below). 

v-mpurvis_0-1616004453694.png

In PBI Service that same visual header tooltip does not work (See below). 

v-mpurvis_1-1616004545099.png

Troubleshooting tasks performed:

Making the Slicer Bigger.

Removing other slicers and visuals from around the slicer. 

Recreating the slicer.

Deleting the existing published report from PBI Service and publishing it from scratch. 

Uninstalling and Reinstalling PBI Desktop. 

Any number of combinations of the above tasks. 

Please help and get this fixed for the next version of PBI. 

Comments
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support

@v-mpurvis 

The issue is reported internally and I will keep you posted with any updates.

CRI 232534860

MrGlen456

Is there any update on the root cause of this issue?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Am seeing this across all reports a week out form a major rollout. An update on fix timeframes would be appreciated. We first noticed the issue on Wed 17th, it's not impacting all tooltips but it's impacting most. 

As er the original poser, these work fine in desktop but are black boxes when deployed to the workspace. We see this across all premium instances.

karenjmn
Regular Visitor

I'm seeing the same thing.

Jim_B
Frequent Visitor

I ran into this same issue today.  I was planning to use the feature extensively.  Unfortunate.  

mike_honey
Memorable Member

I'm seeing the same thing in the web service - affecting multiple visuals, built-in and custom visuals.  I haven't found any scenario yet where it is working correctly in the web service - all are broken.  

It appears unrelated to Power BI Desktop - I'm seeing it in long-established reports that have not been touched with Power BI Desktop for months.

v-chuncz-msft
Community Support

@v-mpurvis 

We’ve identified the issue and this will be fixed later this month.

In the meantime, there is a workaround; if you can change the color, the text size, and the font family to something else., then you should be able to see the visual header tooltip.

tooltip.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

From Microsoft (I rasied a formal support call), fix due tomorrow!

Good days!
Thanks for contacting Microsoft Support. My name is <removed>. I am the on-duty Support Professional who will be working with you on this Service Request during APAC business hour(09:00-18:00 UTC+8:00).
Below are the details including the initial scope agreement for your issue.
Issue Definition: 
Tooltip is not working as expected on Power BI Service.

Scope Agreement: You agree that this case will be considered resolved if one of the following conditions are met:
1. We have found a solution to your problem of Tooltip is not working as expected on Power BI Service.
2. If we give you a workaround that will help solve your businesses need.
3. Show you that what you are attempting to do is not a Microsoft supported configuration.
4. The issue you are experiencing is intended behavior of the product.
If you do not agree with the scope defined above, or would like to amend it, please let me know as soon as possible. If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Problem: Tooltip is not working as expected on Power BI Service.

Analysis:
Thank you for reaching out to us for this incident.

We did have an internal ticket which is related with this issue, as I discussed this issue with the product group.

The fix for this problem has been checked in, and it would be deployed into the production by no later than this Friday 3/25.
In the meanwhile, there is a workaround to make it work on Service:
If you can change the color, the text size and the fond family to something else, then you should be able to see this tooltip work well on Service.

MalcPM_0-1616656020885.png

Please review the above and do let me know if you have any further question or concern.
Thank you.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Im now seeing this fixed.

- phew

mike_honey
Memorable Member

Thanks @Anonymous - confirmed mine are fixed also (thankfully without any action/workaround by me).