Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

The OAuth authentication method isn't supported for this data source. Contact your admin.

Hello,

Is there anyone who is currently started facing this issue on Power BI Services for SharePoint and WEB data connector?

Thanks,

Hi @sonaliverma ,

So this looks like a temporary bug that has now been fixed. I will change the status to ”Delivered“.

Best regards,

Community Support Team Selina zhu

Comments
dandurocher
Frequent Visitor

Yes, I started getting this error today.

dandurocher
Frequent Visitor

This problem seems to have resolved itself overnight for me.

sonaliverma
Advocate I

Yes Same for me, resolved overnight!

kasiaw29
Resolver II

Is anyone still having those issues? Some of my refreshes are failing

kasiaw29_0-1668765398978.png

v-mengzhu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi @sonaliverma ,

So this looks like a temporary bug that has now been fixed. I will change the status to ”Delivered“.

Best regards,

Community Support Team Selina zhu

mramseysr1331

Hi,

I am having a similar issue that started on 11/14/2022.  We had some PowerBI reports reading some excel spreadsheets on a Sharepoint Online site.  I tried using the web connector instead of the Sharepoint Folder and I was able to connect on a new Power BI report.  When we try to then modify the PowerBI report to use the web connector instead of the Sharepoint Folder connector, we are now getting the error "The OAuth authentication method isn't supported for this data source. Contact your admin"  Again, if  I do this in a new report, it works fine when published to the PowerBI service.  I appreacieate any help or direction you can provide.  

kevin93
Regular Visitor

Hi I'm facing the error for this 'The OAuth authentication method isn't supported for this data source. Contact your admin' issue but it wasn't resolved overnight. Could anyone please advise how to solve this? Thank you in advance! 

@v-mengzhu-msft I see that you have supported to resolve this, would you mind to help mine as well? 

kasiaw29
Resolver II

@kevin93 would be worth checking if your PowerBI gateway needs to be updated if you have one ?

kevin93
Regular Visitor

@kasiaw29  Hi, I'm not using a gateway as the data sources are in the cloud. The funny part is there are 2 types of data sources but there are from same location - I face issue for Web but not SharePointlist 

kevin93_0-1676006002853.png

kevin93
Regular Visitor

Sharing the error message for reference - would really appreciate if someone can guide me how to resolve this

The OAuth authentication method isn't supported for this data source. Contact your admin.Hide details

Activity ID:554860a1-3b3e-4064-b570-dce52c9b3c6f
Request ID:ba39d03f-bc83-5a62-d95b-b9f03073c2d1
Status code:400
Time:Fri Feb 10 2023 13:23:18 GMT+0800 (China Standard Time)
Service version:13.0.20053.49
Client version:2302.1.12237-train
Cluster URI:https://wabi-us-north-central-f-primary-redirect.analysis.windows.net/