Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

REPORT NOT SHOWING ON DYNAMICS NAV2018 RTC BUT SHOWING IN WEB CLIENT

As stated i followed the entire process for azure auth and expremineted with both Native type and Web type,  the power bi reports list is showing but when it is stuck on loading screen on with DYNAMICS NAV windows client

It shows correctly on the web client

Hi @omar-abdul 

You mentioned that " it is stuck on loading screen on with DYNAMICS NAV windows client" , can you provide the screenshot of it ?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Hi @omar-abdul 

You mentioned that " it is stuck on loading screen on with DYNAMICS NAV windows client" , can you provide the screenshot of it ?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

omar-abdul

Below is the screenshot for the windows client

NAV DESKTOP.jpg

As you can see the power bi report chart is just stuck on the loading screen, i followed the instructions on the assisted setup to connect power bi to NAV but still it didn't work on the RTC,

on the other hand the web client works very well (here is the screenshot)

NAV WEB.jpg

@v-yetao1-msft  I am at my wit's end

Michael138
Regular Visitor

@omar-abdul  I'm facing the same exact issue on two different servers running the same version of nav and these servers are from two different companies not tied together in any way whatsoever.
Were you ever able to get this resolved?

Did you by anychance find it very very difficult to connect to NAV as a data source then just use SQL as a source instead?

noob42

@Michael138  Nope i scoured the web with no solution whatsoever. had to remove it because a) my account was hacked(hence the change in username i changed all my accounts) and 2) it was causing the RTC to delay and fail sometime when the internet connection was shaky.

Michael138
Regular Visitor

@noob42  Well thank you very much for your response. I know this can be done , only because i have set it up in the past without issue. If i ever do find the solution i will let you know

noob42

@Michael138  please do, and I contacted my consultants, and so if I find anything I will be sure to post a reply here.

Michael138
Regular Visitor

@noob42 I found out what the issue was. According to the Business Central devs, the integration between power bi and BC no longer works with the windows client. If you want it you, have to use the web client and there is no workaround. 

Michael138_0-1669921971323.png

noob42

@Michael138  I can't thank you enough, it is sad that it was discontinued , but it is good knowing I wasn't going mad.

You are truly 1 in a mill thanks again, virtual high5!!!