Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Publishing an update from another account - keep URL?

I want to publish updates to reports that my colleagues have published. However, when I publish them from my account, it publishes as a new report with a new URL. I want to update the old URL, that my colleague created. How can I do that?

Hi @aepstein 

Power BI Service is based on cloud , users need to log in to their accounts to access the Service, so different accounts log in to the Service, the content inside is different, equivalent to your private platform. If you want to update the old report, you need to use the account of the person who published the report to publish the report, not use your own account to publish the report.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi @aepstein 

Power BI Service is based on cloud , users need to log in to their accounts to access the Service, so different accounts log in to the Service, the content inside is different, equivalent to your private platform. If you want to update the old report, you need to use the account of the person who published the report to publish the report, not use your own account to publish the report.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao