Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Power BI Desktop February 2023 DPI Scaling Problem

Since updating to this month's new Power BI Desktop release, the UI appears to be using my secondary display's DPI scaling upon launching a pbix file. The UI is blurry and zoomed in until I resize the window. Additionally, I'm unable to see the full dialog window of Get Data. It's zoomed in and I can't resize to see the OK and Cancel buttons. The only fix for that I've seen is to move Power BI Desktop to my secondary display temporarily.

Hi @GarettWP 

This issue has been fixed in latest version . Please update your PBI Desktop to latest one .

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Hi @GarettWP 

I downloaded the latest version and tested it, and everything works fine in my case. Can you provide a screenshot or video to illustrate?

Ailsamsft_0-1676528863833.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

GarettWP
Advocate I

@v-yetao1-msft 

I think the key for me is having 2 displays where the secondary one has a DPI greater than 100%. It looks to me like Power BI Desktop is using the secondary display's scaling even though it launches on my primary display.

UI upon launch (bigger and fuzzier)

GarettWP_0-1676557867753.png

After resizing PBI Desktop just a tiny amount. (Much smaller and sharper)

GarettWP_1-1676557989353.png

It might be hard to tell from the embedded images, but the first one looks 1.5x as big as the second.

I wasn't able to reproduce the issue with the Get Data window yet.

leongjs
Regular Visitor

Mine is doing the same thing.  The biggest symptom is the pop up box where all text is not displayed and OK or Cancel buttons are not in the box.  And when you go to transform data, the Power Query Editor is the correct DPI as pictured below compared to the Power BI desktop window on the right side.  This image is the Power BI desktop window right on top of the power query editor window.

leongjs_1-1676568487113.png

AntonioPalomas
Advocate III

A similar issue occurs in the data refresh and RLS windows.

Here are the screenshots:

AntonioPalomas_0-1676583165107.pngAntonioPalomas_1-1676583185963.png

DonnClark
Regular Visitor

I'm having the same issues. 

On all three screens (Report / Data / Model, the screen zoom slider is missing. Ctrl + scroll wheel only works on the Report Canvas and Measure text.

Report View Screen: Seems to be normal until one of the small screens comes up such as one with a question to verify a request like Do you want to delete this file? Yes    No

Data View Screen: Stuck on which ever table was last selected because the list of tables of off screen and cannot be selected.

Model View Screen:  Size control issues. Here is the captured tech data from the page:

Feedback Type:
Frown (Error)

Timestamp:
2023-02-17T00:18:40.0121788Z

Local Time:
2023-02-16T16:18:40.0121788-08:00

Session ID:
097ec4b1-0a5c-4a99-8bcd-f431bd1d8148

Release:
February 2023

Product Version:
2.114.664.0 (23.02) (x64)

OS Version:
Microsoft Windows NT 10.0.19044.0 (x64 en-US)

CLR Version:
4.8 or later [Release Number = 528372]

Peak Virtual Memory:
102 GB

Private Memory:
598 MB

Peak Working Set:
1.14 GB

IE Version:

User ID:
0b243f2f-5fff-4434-884f-94aec4ded948

Donn Clark

chemanfit
Regular Visitor

I am having same issue with the popup or modal interfaces as well. Can't see all the content in them and not able to work in them. Hitting ESC is about my only option.

chemanfit_0-1676655397136.png

Version: 2.114.664.0 64-bit (February 2023)

GarettWP
Advocate I

@v-yetao1-msft Do you still need more info? Thanks!

MickeyT
Frequent Visitor

This issue is becoming so annoying to the point where I am finding this new update unusable

chemanfit
Regular Visitor

I put in a support ticket for this so they are aware and it has been elevated to the Product Group. Hopefully they will find the fix soon. During the troubleshooting they did have me uninstall and then install the previous version. That allowed me to regain the modal type interfaces again. The link to get that is: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/fundamentals/desktop-latest-update-archive?tabs=powerbi-d...   you will need to scroll down some until you find the link to download it. This is a band-aid until it gets resolved. This issue occurs on my work laptop as well as my personal desktop, and I agree it does make it mostly unusable in regards to the modal interfaces.

msdaisy

this scale or size control issue is driving me nuts. ....

there's no getting anything (out of Power BI)  if you can't proceed with the next step. 

Screenshot_20230224_095931.png