Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

New App Experience Permissions Not Cascading Properly With Multiple Audiences

In the new app experience, our business would like to utilize audiences as a tool to segment our data to different access levels.
Here's the dilemma my team is experiencing:
We have an app that covers a large portion of our business, but when users are provisioned for an audience that has a report hidden, they cannot see the report in audience views where it is visible.
For example, when accessing the app, Audience A is given a view with Report 1, 2, & 3. Audience B has Report 2 hidden from view.
When a member who is given audience permissions to both tries to access the app, they are unable to see the report in any audience view.

Hi @Anonymous 

Service has been updated . User C can access the Report 2 normally when Report 2 is hidden in other Audience .

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @Anonymous 

I restored your scene . I create an app with report 1, 2 & 3 . Add user A and user C in Audience A . In Audience A , there are three reports and not hidden . In Audience B , hide report 2 , so report1 and 3 can be displayed normally . In Audience B ,  I add user B and user C

But when user A and user C open report 2 in app , it will prompt you that you do not have permission . 

Ailsamsft_0-1662621548577.png

Are you in the same situation as me ? If this is the case, I need to submit this issue to ICM .

Best Regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-yetao1-msft Yes! This is exactly the symptom I'm experiencing, except they are unable to view the report in the app at all. It's not present in the app navigation.

namansrivastava
Frequent Visitor

I am experincing the exact same issue. At the first attempt of publishing the app, the report did not even show up in the app navigation. On doing another update of the app, the report shows up but the users still cannot access them and it gives the below error message despite the fact that the user has proper access to the underlying dataset and is able to view other reports on the same data source which in this case is an AAS model.

namansrivastava_0-1663109777671.png

namansrivastava
Frequent Visitor

@v-yetao1-msft Has there been any progress on this issue?

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi @Anonymous 

Service has been updated . User C can access the Report 2 normally when Report 2 is hidden in other Audience .

Best Regards,

bahrak

Hi I'm having this same issue - the only way users can see any report is if they're granted view access on the workspace, but that defeats the purpose of assigning differential access.

Please can you help?