Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Multiple App Audience: Reports are not displayed (although admin permissions are granted)

In the new multiple app audience feature, reports are not displayed although admin permissions are granted via workspace permissions. The tabs for different audiences are shown but not the reports. With this major bug the feature is not helpful.

Hi @Anonymous 

You mentioned that the tabs for different audiences are shown but not the reports , can you exlpain it in detail by screenshots or video ? 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Hi @Anonymous 

You mentioned that the tabs for different audiences are shown but not the reports , can you exlpain it in detail by screenshots or video ? 

Best Regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your response. Here some further insides:

I investigated that the issue seems to be related to AD group assignment. My user is in an AD group which is Admin of the workspace. The result in the app:

SvenHuehne_1-1662710391004.png

If I assign my user directly as workspace admin, everything seems to be fine:

SvenHuehne_0-1662710192386.png

But it is not a common approach to assign single user instead of AD groups to grant workspace/app access.

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

AD group ? Power BI Service has four types of groups , which one do you belong to? As long as the user in the AD group accesses the report in the app, can it not be displayed ? 

Best Regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable

The user is indirectly assignment (via an Active Directory Group) as Workspace Admin --> the user can see the content of the first audience but the pages for all other audience are blank 

SvenHuehne_0-1663741103434.png

Besides, I deleted a report from the audience and content tab (and removed all related content), updated the app and now I am not able to delete the dataset without unpublishing the app. This is very unfavorable.

SvenHuehne_1-1663741212156.png