Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Issue with Email Subscription

I am trying to set up subscriptions in a premium capacity or paginated reports with paramters, but every time I try to save the subscription, all the parameters that are configured (most are default) disappear from the subscription. I don't even have a section to update the parameters at all. I've attached a screenshot of an interesting error that pops up after attempting to save the subscription with the parameters:
OrenAyalon_0-1666720801925.png

To reproduce this, steps are pretty simple:
  1. Have a paginated report with parameters that can be null
  2. Execute the paginated report in the service
  3. Create a subscription for that report with the parameters set to the default value (some are null and some are not)
  4. Check the subscription and you will see that no parameters are present in the subscription

One thing that makes me suspect this is a bug is that there are older subscriptions that have the same exact steps taken above from 1 month ago that are working as expected. We also created another subscription for a different report that does not take a null parameter and that report subscription worked as expected.

Hi @OrenAyalon ,

I also do the testing and the process as the following shows:

vmengzhumsft_0-1666761936872.gif

You can see when I set parameter as current value and not choose"default", it can be applied successfully.

At the same time, I found that your error message say" you need to return to report to set all requiered parameter values", so I think there are some parameter values that must be assigned in order to be successfully applied to the subscription.

vmengzhumsft_1-1666762150263.png

Email subscriptions for reports and dashboards in the Power BI service - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best regards,

Community Support Team Selina zhu

Comments
v-mengzhu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @OrenAyalon ,

I also do the testing and the process as the following shows:

vmengzhumsft_0-1666761936872.gif

You can see when I set parameter as current value and not choose"default", it can be applied successfully.

At the same time, I found that your error message say" you need to return to report to set all requiered parameter values", so I think there are some parameter values that must be assigned in order to be successfully applied to the subscription.

vmengzhumsft_1-1666762150263.png

Email subscriptions for reports and dashboards in the Power BI service - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best regards,

Community Support Team Selina zhu

OrenAyalon
Regular Visitor

Hi @v-mengzhu-msft,

I get this issue when the there is a null value in the subscription. When I set 1 of the parameters to null, then I get the error in the service.

OrenAyalon_0-1666790897456.png