Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Filter Header Icon on-hover too sensitive and Filter menu does not go away

Hi!

Since the Embedded Navigation Menu was fixed this last weekend, I have noticed anytime my mouse runs across the filter header icon on each visual, it open the filter menu. 

• Seems like the filter head icon should be set up to show the filter menu when clicked on, not when the mouse hovers over it. If it is going to be set to where the menu shows on hover, then the number of milliseconds before the menu appears needs to be drastically increased, and I need to have the ability to turn that functionality off.

Once the filter drop down menu appears, it does not go away. Click off the visual does not make it go away. Hovering over the visual or its head icon does not make it go away either. Below is a screenshot of a visual's filter menu appearing and not going away, even when I change the webpage to a completely different URL within PowerBI:

20220824_filter drop down menu bug.jpg

• This is the filter head icon's drop down menu that appears and does not go away. 

20220824_filter drop down menu bug 2.jpg

Lastly, in my attempt to try and fix the issue, I don't think any of my users utilize the drop down menu, nor majority of the header icons. It appears that another issue occurring is when I attempt to disable that particular header icon, the icon still shows despite its setting clearly being turned off. Along with the icon not disabling even when its setting is set to Disabled, the previously mentioned problem with the filter drop down menu not going away continues to occur.

20220824_filter head icon not disabled.jpg

Hi all,

This issue has been submitted internally with ICM 302194058.

The product team will be investigating this issue and once any updates are available, I will sync the information for you here.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

Comments
Arnoh
Helper III

I have same issue. In the app a filter window appears.

Seen it a few times. Appears in the left corner of the canvas in the power bi service.

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Hi all,

This issue has been submitted internally with ICM 302194058.

The product team will be investigating this issue and once any updates are available, I will sync the information for you here.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn