Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Date format has changed to incorrect after new release

I have a dashboard where the format of the Date is set to MMMM, yyyy (the underlying data looks like 01-Aug-2018) and previously it was reflected correctly, for ex: August, 2018. However, after the latest update all the dates changed to the following format: 8/1/2018, even though the date is still formatted as MMMM, yyyy.

Please fix the issue. I need to have it like August, 2018

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @darinusia92,

Does the issue happen in Power BI desktop or service? Would you please share a pbix file with some dummy data? 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

darinusia92
Regular Visitor

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft 

The issue happen in PowerBI Desktop, although when I publish it to APP, it stays there incorrectly formatted as well.

Please advise how do I put pbix file here?

Thanx!

Daryna

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @darinusia92,

You can upload your pbix file to your OneDrive and share the link here. If it contains sensitive data, you can send the link to me via private message. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

darinusia92
Regular Visitor

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft,

Please download the pbix file here https://www.dropbox.com/s/0ecn79v7c9xcgc5/dashboard.pbix?dl=0

Best regards,

Daryna

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @darinusia92,

Based on my test in Power BI desktop version 2.63.3272.40262 64-bit (October 2018), when I open your report, the column Month displays in MMMM, yyyy format as expected. 

Please update your Power BI desktop to this version then test it again. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu