Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Copy visual not showing as seen when pasted

Having an issue where my visuals look great, with all data label showing as they should. However, when i tried to copy and paste it into powerpoint, the colours and values of the pie charts would differ from what was seen. Is there any way to fix this? Or is there an alternative to directly save the image instead?

This issue has been fixed.

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Hi @Anonymous ,

We have reported your issue and have submitted to internal icm 335923460 , engineers are doing their best to fix this issue . please be patient and I will give you feedback here once there is any progress.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-xiaoyan-msft ,

I was trying the copy visual function again just now, and i spotted a few things. Hope these can assist you in figuring out the issue.

1. When directly copying and pasting a pie chart without any rotation, some detail labels will be missing

2. When the pie chart is rotated, the pie chart changes colour and rotates again after being pasted, and the detail labels go haywire (in the sense that they do not reflect their own slices of the pie; e.g. two detail labels were pointing out of a single slice of the pie chart)

3. Though the font sizes for title and detail labels were fixed at Arial 9, the title appears to be much larger than the detail labels when pasted

May i also add on a few related queries?

1. Why is it that the image resolution is 330 dpi when i use the copy visual function and save, but it drops to 96 dpi when i save the charts as images after i export them to powerpoint?

2. Also, how should i size the image to a required specification (width and height) for export? Although I had set the height and width to my specifications in the PowerBI desktop, it resets to include a large amount of empty/white space within the image

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

This issue has been fixed.