Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Changes not saved in PBI Service

Hi, 

We're facing an issue where the changes made in reports in Power BI Service are not saved when we're trying to save the changes. When changing the content of a text box or update slicers, then pressing save (and seeing the pop up saying the report was saved successfully), the changes are not there when opening the report again. It usually works after several attempts, but we can't continue doing the same changes several times before it works.

I've seen similar issues in other posts, but haven't seen any long term solutions, only suggestions to re-publish the reports under a different name. This is not feasible for handling many reports.

Thanks, 

Tina  

Comments
v-lili6-msft
Community Support

hi  @toftedal 

I have tested on my side, it works well.

Now when you log out of Power BI and come back to a report, the same items will be selected as when you left. 

try to click "reset to default" for the report to see if it works well.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/announcing-persistent-filters-in-the-service/

and try to clear browser cache and then try it again.

Regards,

Lin

toftedal

Thanks, I will try this!

TimDyeson
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-lili6-msft Lin

I am having this problem most every day with 200 users. We enter narrative in a text box and it suddenly reverts back to the previous text right before your eyes. Or worse, you don't see that it happened. There has to be a better answer for why this is happening. This didn't become a problem until the smart narrative text boxes were released. I have many frustrated users because they are having to do rework. Help please.

Tim