Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

cmiroslav
Advocate I
Advocate I

Attaching a file to outlook or teams activity in a pipeline

Hello again,

I am trying to use a 'Teams activity' or an 'Outlook activity' at the end of a data pipeline to send a file generated durring the pipeline (in a Lakehouse), but I couldn't find how to attach something to these activities. Is it possbile?

Or can I move this file from a lakehouse somewhere else in Fabric to be abble to share it through a link in an email or teams?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
alxdean
Advocate V
Advocate V

there are two alternative approaches available too.

1) send some data to a KQL Database, create a semantic model that triggers a measure and create a visual for that measure, on the visual configure the alert to send a trigger to reflex. create a custom action in reflex to trigger a power automate flow that then calls the model to find the latest url and creates an email with attachment. 

2) create the same power automate flow as in 1, but trigger it via https request.  instructions here: Run A Power Automate Flow With An HTTP Request (c-sharpcorner.com) then call the flow with a web activity in the pipeline. less moving parts than option 1.

alxdean
Advocate V
Advocate V

pdecarlo is on the right track. You won't be able to create a file attachment directly in the pipeline, but you could pass the url to the file to a function app (which you create in azure) and write some code there to grab the file and send an email with attachment. you would need to send all parameters needed (url to file, email address, extra text, etc) in the body of the post to the function app

alxdean_0-1708672797536.png

pdecarlo
Employee
Employee

@cmiroslav, take a look at https://stackoverflow.com/questions/66764275/attach-file-in-email-using-azure-data-factory-pipeline , not sure how this translates exactly in Fabric world but seems like you could implement something like this in a pipeline via notebooks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

April Fabric Update Carousel

Fabric Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors