Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

Jerome22
Helper II
Helper II

from trial to reality: fabric become useless

Hi,

(this post is more an expreience sharing and complain than anything else)

I just want to share my experience after switching from the trial to F2.

I expected something slow, sure, but not something which just can't be used at all!!!

The idea of fabric is to not duplicate data, so to be able to query our lakehouses / warehouses without having to load the data in memory in a semantic model, and removing the need to query the source systems in direct query.

also bringing on the table the ability to load additional data and have a central point of access for the analysts (ie a data warehouse like solution instead of going in multiple sources)

sure, with F2, I expect a low performance.

but I got "Unable to open this report because your organization's compute capacity has exceeded its limits." all the time.

which means that after opening few reports I'm done.

which makes all the advantages I mentioned about fabric  disapearing, because my final only option is to copy the data inmemory in a semantic model or to stay connected in direct query to my multiple sources.

we are a small non-profit organisation with small datasets (the largest table has around 100 000 rows; today all the datasets combined are consuming less than 10GB of semantic models) and the limitation related to F2 or F4 are just too much.

when a user is not able to open a report, it's a big problem.

we have to pay even more just to not have an error message is ridiculous. (errors doesn't exists before)

so at the end we pay but without an added value and worse, we pay for a a degradation of the service.

I think microsoft should offer something better for small scale projects. 

or options to be able to always answer queries to the lakehouses and warehouses instead of generating errors.

but for now it's a huge deception and Microsoft must offer something reliable for small businesses.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-gchenna-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Jerome22 ,

Thanks for using Fabric Community. Apologize for the inconvenience you are facing. 

However, your suggestion is definitely valuable! We use customer feedback like yours to improve the product. The more users who request the ability to customize backgrounds, the higher it moves on our list.

Appreciate if you could share the feedback on our Microsoft Fabric Ideas. Which would be open for the user community to upvote & comment on. This allows our product teams to look into your feedback and improve the product.

Incase if you are facing any technical issues, the best course of action is to open a support ticket and have our support team take a closer look at it.

Please reach out to our support team so they can do a more thorough investigation on why this it is happening: Link 

I hope this information helps. If you have any further queries please do let us know.

Thanks

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-gchenna-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Jerome22 ,

Thanks for using Fabric Community. Apologize for the inconvenience you are facing. 

However, your suggestion is definitely valuable! We use customer feedback like yours to improve the product. The more users who request the ability to customize backgrounds, the higher it moves on our list.

Appreciate if you could share the feedback on our Microsoft Fabric Ideas. Which would be open for the user community to upvote & comment on. This allows our product teams to look into your feedback and improve the product.

Incase if you are facing any technical issues, the best course of action is to open a support ticket and have our support team take a closer look at it.

Please reach out to our support team so they can do a more thorough investigation on why this it is happening: Link 

I hope this information helps. If you have any further queries please do let us know.

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

PBI_Carousel_NL_June

Fabric Community Update - June 2024

Get the latest Fabric updates from Build 2024, key Skills Challenge voucher deadlines, top blogs, forum posts, and product ideas.