Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

vivien57
Advocate II
Advocate II

Workspace Fabric missing from Windows One Lake Explorer

Hello everyone,

I'm having a problem that I don't understand.

I have 3 workspaces in Fabric (in addition to the ‘My Workspace’ workspace) with trial capability.

vivien57_0-1715759369209.png

And I only see two (in addition to ‘My Workspace’) in the Windows OneLake explorer.

vivien57_1-1715759495672.png

I'm Admin on the missing workspace. Other people are also Admins and it works for them (they see the workspace in OneLake Explorer).

do you have any idea what the problem is?

Thank you in advance for your feedback,

Vivien

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-nikhilan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @vivien57 

Thanks for using Fabric Community.

You can follow the below troubleshooting steps:

1) Sync from OneLake: When you sign in with another account, the list of workspaces and items refreshes in the OneLake file explorer. If you navigate to workspaces associated with the previous account, you can manually refresh the view by selecting “Sync from OneLake.” Those workspaces are inaccessible while you’re signed in to a different account.

2) Workspace Names: Ensure that the workspace names don’t contain any special characters like “/”, encoded escape characters, or look like GUIDs. Workspaces with such names might fail to sync.

3) Windows Search: Make sure Windows search is enabled, as OneLake file explorer relies on it to start successfully.

4) Updates: Ensure that you’re using the latest version of the OneLake file explorer. Starting in version 1.0.13, the app notifies you when a new update is available, and you can follow the steps to update it.

For more information please refer to this document: 

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/fabric/onelake/onelake-file-explorer

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-nikhilan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @vivien57 

Thanks for using Fabric Community.

You can follow the below troubleshooting steps:

1) Sync from OneLake: When you sign in with another account, the list of workspaces and items refreshes in the OneLake file explorer. If you navigate to workspaces associated with the previous account, you can manually refresh the view by selecting “Sync from OneLake.” Those workspaces are inaccessible while you’re signed in to a different account.

2) Workspace Names: Ensure that the workspace names don’t contain any special characters like “/”, encoded escape characters, or look like GUIDs. Workspaces with such names might fail to sync.

3) Windows Search: Make sure Windows search is enabled, as OneLake file explorer relies on it to start successfully.

4) Updates: Ensure that you’re using the latest version of the OneLake file explorer. Starting in version 1.0.13, the app notifies you when a new update is available, and you can follow the steps to update it.

For more information please refer to this document: 

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/fabric/onelake/onelake-file-explorer

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Thank you very much for your help.

The problem was point 2 (there was a ‘/’ in the workspace name), this is accepted in the Fabric service but not in the sync with OneLake Explorer.

Thanks again

Vivien

Hi @vivien57 
Glad that I could help you in resolving the issue. Please continue using Fabric Community for any help regarding your queries.😊

Helpful resources

Announcements
Expanding the Synapse Forums

New forum boards available in Synapse

Ask questions in Data Engineering, Data Science, Data Warehouse and General Discussion.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayFBCUpdateCarousel

Fabric Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.