Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

mwsmoley
Helper I
Helper I

Warehouse performance last 24 hours

Hello,

Has anyone else seen a significant decrease in performance for the data warehousing in fabric over the last 24 hours.  Basic queries against a fabric data warehouse that should take less than 10 seconds are running for 30 minutes or longer.  All of of my ADF flows using warehouse as a source run for 6 to 8 hours before failing and they used to run for less than 10 minutes.  The fabric status page reports no issues but I can not get any results from my data warehouse to return. I am just rying to find out if anyone else is experience issues.

Michal

5 REPLIES 5
HimanshuS-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hello @mwsmole & @AndyDDC 
Thanks for using the Fabrics community and we are sorry about the poor experience here . Issues relating to  performances are really tough to comment on as it requires a bit of investigation .
I will request you to please go ahead with Microsoft support on this . 
https://support.fabric.microsoft.com/en-US/support/

Once you have a SR# , please do share that here , so that we can keep an eye on the same .

Thanks
HImanshu

Hi @mwsmoley , @AndyDDC 

We haven’t heard from you on the last response and was just checking back to see whether your have got chance to create a support ticket. If yes, please do share that here, so that we can keep an eye on the same.

Yes a support ticket was created but by the time the issue was reviewed fabric had been unusable for 4 to 5 days and then just started working.

AndyDDC
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @mwsmoley it may not be much help to you but I have had performance degradation over the last few days with the Fabric Warehouse service with loading queries that took 3 minutes, now taking over 10 minutes.  As the product is still in public preview, there are likely a whole host of  development work being done.

I would see (like I am) what the performance is like during this week.

Andy,

Thanks for responding and good to know it is happening to others. I wish if it was them working on an update that they would change the status page, send out an email, or create a blog post. Nothing to do but wait.

Michal

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

Expanding the Synapse Forums

New forum boards available in Synapse

Ask questions in Data Engineering, Data Science, Data Warehouse and General Discussion.

MayFabricCarousel

Fabric Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Kudoed Authors