Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Ashwath_Bala_S
Helper II
Helper II

Warehouse for Medallion Architecture Gold Layer

Hi,

I am working on Medallion Architecture in Fabric.

I am having Bronze and Silver Layer in Lakehouse (Bronze - Loaded data from my SQL Server using Pipeline)  (Silver - Enriched zone).

For Lakehouse, I have used a Notebook to transform and saved the same as Delta Tables. (One of my approach is automating the same using Notebooks based on Timestamps - Can load incrementally, and call notebooks)

For my gold layer, I am preferring a "Warehouse".

Is there any way to connect notebooks to warehouse to automate while calling a pipeline - My flow is like, getting fact and dimension tables from Silver Layer, saving as a view and automatically updating in Tables, while calling pipeline.

Is there any way which I can connect notebooks to Warehouse and automate using Pipeline.

Any suggestion on this would be highly helpful!

Thanks in Advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Well with Notebooks you're working within the Spark environment which is not the scope of the Warehouse. You can read from Warehouse delta tables but not write to them (currently). You can use pyodbc or jdbc to connect to the Warehouse sql endpoint in notebooks to issue sql commands

My approach has been to load the Warehouse using SQL stored procedures triggered from a Data Pipeline, if that helps

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
AndyDDC
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

How are you populating your Warehouse?

Hi @AndyDDC ,

Thanks for your reply!

I have my Bronze and Silver tables in Lakehouse, would like to have a separate "Warehouse" for "Gold" layer.

For Silver layer, I have used a Notebook (Can automate the same using Pipleine)

I would like to know how can I use my warehouse for Gold Layer, too automate if possible, based on incremental loads (For normal table creation, we can use T-SQL in Warehouse to get the gold layer tables)

Is there any ways to connect Notebooks with Warehouse, such that if it can be automated based on incremental data.

Will notebooks be useful for Warehouse, would like to know about that!

Any other approach to use Warehouse as a gold layer is also fine for me.

Thanks in Advance!!

Well with Notebooks you're working within the Spark environment which is not the scope of the Warehouse. You can read from Warehouse delta tables but not write to them (currently). You can use pyodbc or jdbc to connect to the Warehouse sql endpoint in notebooks to issue sql commands

My approach has been to load the Warehouse using SQL stored procedures triggered from a Data Pipeline, if that helps

Hi @AndyDDC,

Thanks for your reply!

Yeah it helps, Thank You!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April Fabric Update Carousel

Fabric Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors