Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

hgb-dmi
Frequent Visitor

Unable to edit Dataflow Gen2

After I create a Dataflow Gen2, I am unable to edit it or do anything other than "Export .json" from the Workspace view:

hgbdmi_0-1693163514736.png

I get the same behavior when I try to edit Dataflows from Lineage view:

hgbdmi_1-1693164007278.png

Is there somewhere else I need to go to edit these?

I can use the Dataflows in Pipelines, but any time I want to change the Dataflow I am having to create a new one from scratch.

I am the creator of the Workspace and all Fabric resources in the Workspace, and I am in the Fabric Administrator role.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Microsoft support has confirmed that this is a known issue for Fabric tenants hosted in Central US (Iowa).

hgbdmi_0-1693369184134.png

hgbdmi_1-1693369257468.png

No ETA for a fix.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
dbattistone
Regular Visitor

@hgb-dmi I'm having this same issue and confirmed I'm in Central US too. Thanks for sharing that information. Hopefully it's resolved soon - I'm creating a mess of Dataflows in my workspaces.

I did find a workaround to open Dataflows that have been published, to at least continue editing them. If you create a Dataflow and publish it, you can then create a Pipeline and add a Dataflow activity. In the settings of the Dataflow activity you can choose your published Dataflow from the dropdown and the Open option should appear.

Still unable to delete them though.

@dbattistone Thanks for the tip! I was able to edit a Gen2 Dataflow this way and can confirm that is a good workaround.

I am currently looking into deleting Gen2 Dataflows via the REST API. I will let you know what I find.

hgb-dmi
Frequent Visitor

Yes, I have Admin rights. I submitted a ticket to https://support.fabric.microsoft.com/en-US/support. I'll post the results here in case anyone else has this issue.

Microsoft support has confirmed that this is a known issue for Fabric tenants hosted in Central US (Iowa).

hgbdmi_0-1693369184134.png

hgbdmi_1-1693369257468.png

No ETA for a fix.

puneetvijwani
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

@hgb-dmi Double-check the roles and permissions assigned to your user account to ensure you have the ability to edit dataflows.
If you able to edit other items but not this then raise a  support ticket on this 

Welcome to Central Iowa! 

I've been waiting 2 months for access to Fabric trial.  I wan't able to create anything for the first month and just realized last week I could now create datalake and gen2 dataflows, but not edit them.  

Microsoft wouldn't say why they would not allow us Central Iowa residents from creating trial workspaces in another data center.  I wonder what Iowa did to Microsoft for us to get treated so poorly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April Fabric Update Carousel

Fabric Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

Top Kudoed Authors