Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

wilsjay

Unable to create a shortcut in Fabric to my serverless Synapse with private endpoints ADLS Gen 2 DL

I have a serverless Synapse deployment with a bunch of parquet and CSV files in ADLS Gen 2 storage account for my synapse.  The synapse is configured to use private endpoint connections.  I have created a new PE and approved it for the storage account.  When I try to create a shortcut in Fabric it fails no matter what connection method that I chose saying invalid credentials and I am unable to find any further detail/error messages to help me resolve this issue.  Please help!

I have also tried connecting via spark and get unauthorized access errors despite ensuring my user has the Storage Blob Data Contributor role.

Spark error:

Caused by: Operation failed: "This request is not authorized to perform this operation.", 403, HEAD, ...

fyi- My synapse deployment config follows the published End to End Analytics:

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/architecture/example-scenario/dataplate2e/data-platform-end-...

5 REPLIES 5
AndyDDC
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @wilsjay just to confirm, are you trying to create a shortcut to the adls gen2 storage account?

I have a couple of blog posts that may help

https://www.serverlesssql.com/managed-private-endpoints-in-microsoft-fabric/

https://www.serverlesssql.com/trusted-workspace-access-for-onelake-shortcuts/

v-gchenna-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @wilsjay ,

Thanks for using Fabric Community.
At this time, we are reaching out to the internal team to get some help on this .
We will update you once we hear back from them.

Hi @wilsjay ,

Can you please review the documentation and this is only available for Fabric Spark workloads to use.

Docs to refer -
Overview of managed private endpoints for Microsoft Fabric (preview) - Microsoft Fabric | Microsoft ...
Create and use managed private endpoints in Microsoft Fabric (preview) - Microsoft Fabric | Microsof...

Hope this is helpful. Please let me know incase of further queries.

Hi @wilsjay ,

We haven’t heard from you on the last response and was just checking back to see if your query was answered.
Otherwise, will respond back with the more details and we will try to help .

Thanks

Hi @wilsjay ,

We haven’t heard from you on the last response and was just checking back to see if your query was answered.
Otherwise, will respond back with the more details and we will try to help .

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Expanding the Synapse Forums

New forum boards available in Synapse

Ask questions in Data Engineering, Data Science, Data Warehouse and General Discussion.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayFBCUpdateCarousel

Fabric Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.