Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

TiredClown

OneLake BadRequest 400 upon login

I'm having an issue with properly installing OneLake on company's PC, we are trying to deploy it for couple users but when we've tried to launch this application it showed login screen, so i've choosed my domain account and when it was finishing logining it application closed, upon further investigating logs we've found bad request error. App was installed via powershell Add-AppxPackage OneLakeFileExpolorer.msix

TiredClown_1-1711368484351.png

4 REPLIES 4
v-cboorla-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @TiredClown 

Thanks for using Microsoft Fabric Community.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

The "BadRequest [400]" error you are encountering during OneLake installation indicates an issue with the request itself. There are various root causes that can trigger the 400 Bad Request error and, even if this error isn’t specific to any particular browser or OS (operating system), the fixes do vary slightly. 

Here are some reasons and troubleshooting steps you can try:

Temporary Glitch: Even if the URL is 100% correct, the 400 Bad Request error can still occur because of corrupted files in the browser cache or problems with expired/corrupted browser cookies. Clearing cookies and caches can sometimes resolve temporary glitches within the application that might be causing the delay. 

Corrupted Data: In rare cases, corrupted data stored in the browser's cache related to Microsoft Fabric might be causing the issue. Clearing the cache removes this potentially problematic data.

Clear DNS Cache: The 400 Bad Request can happen when the DNS data stored locally is out of sync with registered DNS information. Local DNS data isn’t stored by the browser but by the operating system itself. Please refer How to Flush DNS Cache a detailed guide to clear the DNS cache for Windows and macOS operating systems.

If the issue still persists, please do let us know. Glad to help.

I hope this information helps.

Thanks.

As far as i know corrupted data or temporary glich you talking about its about browser cache, but i'm talkign about OneLake File explorer, aplication to search through onelake directory in file explorer like with onedrive so i'm not sure if that will be a case 

Hi @TiredClown 

This might require a deeper investigation from our engineering team to help you better. Please go ahead and raise a support ticket to reach our support team:

https://support.fabric.microsoft.com/support
Please provide the ticket number here as we can keep an eye on it.

Thanks

Hi @TiredClown 

We haven’t heard from you on the last response and was just checking back to see if you have a got a chance to raise the support ticket. If yes could you please provide the ticket number here as we can keep an eye on it.

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Expanding the Synapse Forums

New forum boards available in Synapse

Ask questions in Data Engineering, Data Science, Data Warehouse and General Discussion.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayFBCUpdateCarousel

Fabric Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.