Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

FilipO
Advocate I
Advocate I

Not able to change refresh setting of default semantic model

We have noticed that we have a lot of CU consumption related to auto refresh of our default semantic models. What I noticed when trying to disable auto refresh of direct lake mode is that I'm not able to disable the setting for warehouses that I have not created.

Even though I'm admin of the workspace, the setting is greyed out. My colleage that initially created the warehouse was able to disable it - but it seems strange that the setting is tied to the person who created the data warehouse artifact in the first place. So my question is - how do I as an admin change the semantic model setting even if i'm not the creator of the data warehouse and default semantic model?

FilipO_1-1714028246079.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @FilipO ,

Unfortunately only the person who created the data warehouse can disable the refresh setting.
Incase if the person leaves the organisation - Try the REST API call for takeover: Datasets - Take Over In Group - REST API (Power BI Power BI REST APIs) | Microsoft Learn

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
v-gchenna-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @FilipO ,

Thanks for using Fabric Community.
At this time, we are reaching out to the internal team to get some help on this .
We will update you once we hear back from them.

Hi @FilipO ,

We have an update from internal team -

You can't control or disable this setting.

Hope this is helpful. Please let me know incase of further queries.

I am not sure I understand. Does this mean that only the person who created the data warehouse can disable the refresh setting? What do we do if the person leaves the organization?

Hi @FilipO ,

Unfortunately only the person who created the data warehouse can disable the refresh setting.
Incase if the person leaves the organisation - Try the REST API call for takeover: Datasets - Take Over In Group - REST API (Power BI Power BI REST APIs) | Microsoft Learn

I think admin of the workspace should have access to change this!

This should not be linked to a person - it should be linked to a role?

Hi @FilipO , @KimG  -

Appreciate if you could share the feedback on our feedback channel. Which would be open for the user community to upvote & comment on. This allows our product teams to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and gives insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any further queries.

Hi @FilipO 

We haven’t heard from you on the last response and was just checking back to see if your query was answered.
Otherwise, will respond back with the more details and we will try to help .

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
April Fabric Update Carousel

Fabric Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

Top Kudoed Authors