Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

mfidev
Frequent Visitor

Missing the option to create a fabric Lakehouse

Hi there, 

I am trying to follow some tutorials about the implementation of fabric and the creation of a lakehouse but for some reason I can only create an environment with my data engineering profile but no lakehouse. Any idea what I am missing here? I signed up for the 60 days fabric trial period. 

mfidev_1-1700673023325.png

9 REPLIES 9
tobiasdecker
Regular Visitor

Hello, I have exactly the same problem. I have a developer trial account. If anyone has an idea how to solve the problem, I would be very happy... Thanks!

AndyDDC
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @mfidev couple of things here:

1. Are the Fabric features enabled?

AndyDDC_0-1700729937125.png

2. Is the workspace you're using allocated to the Fabric trial capacity?

AndyDDC_1-1700729993968.png

Hi @mfidev did you get any further with this?

Hey AndyDDC, 

thanks for your reply. I have enabled users to create Fabric items as well as set the workspace to a premium trial (see screenshots below).

mfidev_1-1701067194061.png

mfidev_0-1701067155221.png

But still there is no option to create the data lakehouse when trying to create a new object within the workspace in the data engineering section.

mfidev_2-1701067289777.png

Unfortunately it seems that others dont run into that issue but I have no idea what I am missing. 😕 

@mfidev by the screenshot you've enabled Data Activator, is the second option underneath it also enabled, that's the "Users can create fabric items"?

@AndyDDC 
I guess that would be the one that is greyed out but still checked here or?

mfidev_1-1701119039924.png

I have that also using other office premium accounts I have access to. Could it be that it has something to do with my microsoft 365 account? or do you have another idea? 

This may be a licensing issue with your user accounts. In order to create Fabric items, a user account must have a Pro license associate with it. Can you check? 

Hey @AndyDDC , 

first and foremost thank you for all your thoughts and always coming back and trying to find a solution. I very much appreciate that and dont take it for granted. 

I took a screenshot of my subscriptions in my office admin interface.
These are my current licences: 

mfidev_0-1701253058247.png

So I do have Pro as well as Premium per User plus the Fabric Trial. And it is strange that I have the same issue not being able to create a lakehouse when logging into other premium accounts that I have access to. Could it be a regional issue that a lakehouse isnt rolled out in Germany maybe? 🤔

Yes, that's the reason - Fabric is not available in Germany. 🇨🇭 works fine https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/fabric/admin/region-availability

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayFBCUpdateCarousel

Fabric Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.