Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

MikeWarakom
Frequent Visitor

Missing Objects from creation: Lakehouse. How to change data region?

Hi,

I am under trial for learning to DP600 but I cannot create Synapse Engineering Items like Lakehouse for instance. 

MikeWarakom_0-1714400214074.png

I have read it may be connected to my region that it is not yet available, but how I can change the region?

MikeWarakom_1-1714400272448.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MikeWarakom
Frequent Visitor

I solved it by creating capacity in Azure with region under scope. Then I assigned workspace to this capacity. After some time I could see the resources. Then I assigned back workspace to the trial capacity. I will be testing in some time. 

I had discussion with the helpdesk, they confirmed that not all regions are supported and you have to handle it in different ways. Thanks 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
MikeWarakom
Frequent Visitor

I solved it by creating capacity in Azure with region under scope. Then I assigned workspace to this capacity. After some time I could see the resources. Then I assigned back workspace to the trial capacity. I will be testing in some time. 

I had discussion with the helpdesk, they confirmed that not all regions are supported and you have to handle it in different ways. Thanks 

Hi @MikeWarakom ,

It was great to know that you were able to get to a resolution . We expect you to keep using this forum and also motivate others to do that same . You can always help other community members by answering to their queries

v-gchenna-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MikeWarakom ,

Thanks for using Fabric Community.

You may checkout this video: Why can't I use Microsoft Fabric?which helps to resolve your issue.

For more details you can refer to the similar thread : Solved: Data Science, Engineering and Warehouse missing - Microsoft Fabric Community

If nothing solves your issue, the best course of action is to open a support ticket and have our support team take a closer look at it.

Please reach out to our support team so they can do a more thorough investigation on why this it is happening: Link 

After creating a Support ticket please provide the ticket number as it would help us to track for more information.

Hope this helps. Please let us know if you have any other queries.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Expanding the Synapse Forums

New forum boards available in Synapse

Ask questions in Data Engineering, Data Science, Data Warehouse and General Discussion.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

April Fabric Update Carousel

Fabric Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors