Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Safwan
Helper I
Helper I

Mirroring of postgres data in fabric

Hi, I want to use data from my postgres database in fabric. Fabric offers a way to mirror data but currently it is not available for postgres database. I have another way to use this data by loading it into a warehouse inside fabric, but this means I will be replicating my data. Is there any other way that would allow me to use this data in fabric without replicating it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-gchenna-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Safwan ,

Thanks for using Fabric Community.
Currently we only support Mirroring for SnowFlake, Azure Cosmos DB and Azure SQL DB. But request for Azure Postgres SQL is an additional feature which is already in roadmap. 

vgchennamsft_0-1707988127214.png

vgchennamsft_1-1707988997626.png

For more information please refer to this link:

You can also submit a feature request to Microsoft Fabric team for Mirroring of Azure PostgreSQL in Fabric. 

I request you please share the feedback on our feedback channel . Which would be open for the user community to upvote & comment on. This allows our product teams to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and gives insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any further queries.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-gchenna-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Safwan ,

Thanks for using Fabric Community.
Currently we only support Mirroring for SnowFlake, Azure Cosmos DB and Azure SQL DB. But request for Azure Postgres SQL is an additional feature which is already in roadmap. 

vgchennamsft_0-1707988127214.png

vgchennamsft_1-1707988997626.png

For more information please refer to this link:

You can also submit a feature request to Microsoft Fabric team for Mirroring of Azure PostgreSQL in Fabric. 

I request you please share the feedback on our feedback channel . Which would be open for the user community to upvote & comment on. This allows our product teams to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and gives insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any further queries.

Hi @v-gchenna-msft ,

What is the expected release date of the mirroring feature for PostgreSQL?

Hi @Safwan ,

At present we don't have any ETA from internal team.

Hello @Safwan ,

We haven’t heard from you on the last response and was just checking back to see if your query was answered.
Otherwise, will respond back with the more details and we will try to help.

Thanks,
Gopi Krishna Chenna

Hello @Safwan ,

We haven’t heard from you on the last response and was just checking back to see if your query was answered.
Otherwise, will respond back with the more details and we will try to help.
If you have any question relating to the current thread, please do let us know and we will try out best to help you.
In case if you have any other question on a different issue, we request you to open a new thread .

Hi @v-gchenna-msft , 
is there any update on ETA for mirroring PostgresSQL?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April Fabric Update Carousel

Fabric Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors