Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MylenePBI
Helper I
Helper I

Fabric automatically create some relationships that I can't delete

Hello,  I have a new problem with Fabric: when I create a single direction relationship between a dimension table and a facts table and a dimension table, it automatically creates a second relationship, in the other direction. When I delete this second relationship, it automatically recreates it. The result is that I have relations that I don't want, that are wrong in my model, and I am stuck to create some relationships that I need. Seems like it is a known issue. Is there a known workaround? @v-nikhilan-msft

8 REPLIES 8
arpost
Advocate V
Advocate V

Any update on this? I'm experiencing what seems to be a similar issue in terms of the warehouse not letting me delete relationships. I keep getting an error that states "Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

Oscar8a
Regular Visitor

Hi @v-nikhilan-msft 

I'm getting the same issue with my model, is there any way to fix this?

Thanks

Hi @Oscar8a 
Apologies for the issue you have been facing. This is due to a bug. There is no workaround for this issue.
There is an ongoing fix on this issue. We do not have any ETA regarding the fix.
I will keep you posted regarding the updates.
Appreciate your patience.

AndyDDC
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

@MylenePBI that sounds like a bug and I have had this issue as well.  @v-nikhilan-msft can raise it again with the support team.

Hi @AndyDDC  @MylenePBI 
Thanks for reporting this. I will forward the same to the internal team to get some help on this.
I will update you once I hear back from them.
Thanks.

Hi @MylenePBI 
Apologies for the delay in response. 
The internal team has confirmed that the error is related to duplicate relationship on modelling page. I have created a bug and forwarded this to the internal team.
There is an ongoing fix on this issue. We do not have any ETA regarding the fix.
I will keep you posted regarding the updates.
Appreciate your patience.

There is no workaround for this issue.
Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Hi @MylenePBI 
We haven’t heard from you on the last response and was just checking back to see if you got some insights regarding the issue.
Otherwise, will respond back with the more details and we will try to help.
Thanks

Hi @MylenePBI 
Following up to check if you got some insights regarding the issue.
Otherwise, will respond back with the more details and we will try to help.
Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

March 2024  FBC Gallery Image

Fabric Monthly Update - March 2024

Check out the March 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors