Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

ScottPowell
Regular Visitor

Do I have to land DW data into a lakehouse first?

Hi, I'm trying to use Gen2 dataflows to land data into a Data Warehouse. Do I have to land it first into a Lakehouse, and then from there get it into the warehouse?

I'm not seeing the option in a Gen2 dataflow to land it directly to a warehouse, and all of the tutorial vids seem to show it going to lakehouse first.

Thanks,

Scott

5 REPLIES 5

@ScottPowell - Thanks for the question and using MS Fabric community.

When you are using get data with new dataflow gen2 there is an option to add destination  where you can select datawarehouse as the destination as shown below:

PRADEEPCHMSFT_0-1685857593128.png

For more details, refer to Quickstart: Create your first dataflow to get and transform data.

Hope this helps. Do let us know if you any further queries.

hi @PRADEEPCH-MSFT , replying from my work account so I can show what I see. That's actually the first place I checked - but In my tenant I do not get a "Warehouse" option under either the add destination area you show, or if I click on the button in the ribbon. All I see is this (same options also under the add destination at bottom right corner):

ScottPowellECU_3-1685920737293.png

Also - the workspace this is does definitely contain a Warehouse, so it's not like the option is missing because I have no warehouses built. See the image below.

Is it possible you're seeing this in a newer version that hasn't been pushed to all tenants yet?

FYI - if it helps in troubleshooting, we are Power BI Premium capacity customers, this workspace is backed by a Premium capacity.

Thanks,

Scott

ScottPowellECU_1-1685920342039.png

@ScottPowellECU - Please do confirm if you are able to see the Microsoft Fabric (Preview) data sources while choose data source option as shown below:

PRADEEPCHMSFT_0-1685938777040.png

Hi @PRADEEPCH-MSFT , if I connect from Power BI desktop I do indeed see the warehouse listed, image below.

Thanks,

Scott

ScottPowellECU_0-1685975485171.png

Just to follow up on this thread, in another post Microsoft posted that adding the warehouse option will be "coming soon". For now we can use the Azure Synapse Analytics (SQL DW) option.

Thanks,

Scott

Helpful resources

Announcements
April Fabric Update Carousel

Fabric Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

Top Kudoed Authors