Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jashfabric
Helper II
Helper II

Capacity Units in Fabric

Hey all

I am trying to understand the Capacity Units in Fabric. When I run multiple notebooks or pipelines at the same time the performance is very slow. What changes should be done here? Sometimes I am even getting an error not enough CU.

And should the autoscale option be enabled or disabled? Does this play any role for the above issue?

Thanks

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
v-nikhilan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jashfabric 
Thanks for using Fabric Community.
Autoscale allows capacity administrators to automatically trigger individual Power BI v-cores whenever the capacity usage reaches the purchased capacity limits. With the latest updates on the capacity usage rules, we now allow capacity usage to consume future CPU. Autoscale is a valuable mechanism to prevent capacity usage exceeding 100% and to add usage into the carry forward to be paid off in a future window.

You are right. If resource needs fluctuate, enable autoscale for your FSKU to automatically adjust capacity within limits. 
For more information please refer to this link:
https://debruyn.dev/2023/a-closer-look-at-microsoft-fabric-pricing-billing-and-autoscaling/
Hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

View solution in original post

Hi @jashfabric 
We haven’t heard from you on the last response and was just checking back to see if you have a resolution yet. Otherwise, will respond back with the more details and we will try to help.
Thanks

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-nikhilan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jashfabric 
Thanks for using Fabric Community.
Autoscale allows capacity administrators to automatically trigger individual Power BI v-cores whenever the capacity usage reaches the purchased capacity limits. With the latest updates on the capacity usage rules, we now allow capacity usage to consume future CPU. Autoscale is a valuable mechanism to prevent capacity usage exceeding 100% and to add usage into the carry forward to be paid off in a future window.

You are right. If resource needs fluctuate, enable autoscale for your FSKU to automatically adjust capacity within limits. 
For more information please refer to this link:
https://debruyn.dev/2023/a-closer-look-at-microsoft-fabric-pricing-billing-and-autoscaling/
Hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Hi @jashfabric 
We haven’t heard from you on the last response and was just checking back to see if you have a resolution yet. Otherwise, will respond back with the more details and we will try to help.
Thanks

Thanks @v-nikhilan-msft  for the prompt answer as always.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors