Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Element115
Power Participant
Power Participant

BUG::PIPELINE::TEAMS ACTIVITY::SIGN IN

ISSUE (this used to work):

0__drop a Teams activity on a pipeline design surface.

1__go to its Settings and try to connect to a Teams account by clicking the Sign in button:

Screenshot 2024-04-16 201248.jpg

2__after clicking the button, nothing happens!  Hence, what was once a log pipeline has now become unusable.

Is this a transient temporary issue or something more, as in, something changed in a major way on the backend and we should forget about using Teams from a pipeline? Please advise.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The issue went away and all Teams activity are signed in now.  Another one of those magic mysteries.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
JPuris
Regular Visitor

I'm facing same exact issue!

The data pipeline was created a month ago, MS Teams activity was working without an issue, I could log in, browse the channels and send a message.

Now, I need to re-sign in and a press on the "sign in" button has no effect.

If I create a new blank pipeline, the activity works fine.

What do we do now? Do we need to recreate the pipeline?

Welcome to Fabric where invisible trolls, gremlins, and other assorted magic creatures cause mischief and no one knows where to find them!  😁  

Element115
Power Participant
Power Participant

Strange. I had 2 pipelines from 2 different workspaces loaded in the vertical Fabric nav bar. I close all of them and re-open only one.  Now the Teams Sign in works automatically and loads everything as usual.  

But as soon as I open the other pipeline from another workspace, the Teams activity does not auto Sign in and when I click on the Sign in button, no effect.

What gives?

Hi @Element115 

Apologies for the issue you are facing.
At this time, we are reaching out to the internal team to get some help on this .
We will update you once we hear back from them.
Appreciate your patience

Thank you.

Hi @Element115 

Apologies for the inconvenience.

I tried to repro the scenario with the above mentioned steps and didn't face any difficulty after clicking the sign in button.

1st Pipeline with teams activity in one workspace

vcboorlamsft_0-1713505647762.png

2nd Pipeline with teams activity in another workspace.

vcboorlamsft_2-1713506292038.png

I transitioned from using 1st pipeline to 2nd pipeline, and I was able to successfully authenticate without any interruption. Could you please verify this behavior on your end for confirmation?

If the issue still persists, please do let us know.

I hope this information helps.

Thank you.

The issue went away and all Teams activity are signed in now.  Another one of those magic mysteries.

Hi @Element115 

Glad that you query got resolved.
Please continue using Fabric Community for further queries.

Thanks.

And now it doesn't do it!!!  Seriously WTF?!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April Fabric Update Carousel

Fabric Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors