Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JasonSteele

Any workaround for not being able to mirror a database that uses CDC?

I would like to mirror a SQl database to Fabric but it has CDC enabled. This was implemented before Function Trigger bindings became available and we use it in a similar way - polling it and then calling a Function App to raise event messages on a Service Bus Topic.

So how can I workaround the mirroring constraint of CDC not being enabled? As I understand it the constraint is there because mirroring needs to manage it instead. Is there a way I can use the CDC that mirroring enables?

Given this constraint, it is also apparant that Function App Trigger binding also can't be used with mirroring - which seems quite restrictive to me.   

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @JasonSteele 
Mirroring and SQL's CDC capability cannot co-exist. However, function triggers and Change Tracking capabilities should work fine with Mirroring. Have you tried creating an mirroring sql database with change tracking and azure sql trigger for functions?

This is the link for the tutorial: Tutorial: Configure Microsoft Fabric mirrored databases from Azure SQL Database (Preview) - Microsof...

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-nikhilan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JasonSteele 
Thanks for using Fabric Community.
Currently there is no work around for this issue. This is a limitation.

Appreciate if you could share the feedback on our feedback channel. Which would be open for the user community to upvote & comment on. This allows our product teams to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and gives insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any further queries.

Hi @JasonSteele 
Mirroring and SQL's CDC capability cannot co-exist. However, function triggers and Change Tracking capabilities should work fine with Mirroring. Have you tried creating an mirroring sql database with change tracking and azure sql trigger for functions?

This is the link for the tutorial: Tutorial: Configure Microsoft Fabric mirrored databases from Azure SQL Database (Preview) - Microsof...

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Many thanks for this, we will certainly explore this.

Hi @JasonSteele 

Glad that I could help you. Please continue using Fabric Community for any help regarding your queries.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

March 2024  FBC Gallery Image

Fabric Monthly Update - March 2024

Check out the March 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors