Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

circle card tutorial formatting number

I finally got the circle card custom visual working but the numbers within the card don't include commas?  I tried formatting the data model and the query but that doesn't seem to work.  What am I missing?

1 REPLY 1
dm-p
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous,

You'll need to install powerbi-visuals-utils-formattingutils, and manage in your code to pull the format string from your field and apply it.

If you want specifics, I have a repo with a tutorial very similar to the circle card which covers formatting a measure, if you want to have a look. I did this in a presentation earlier this year, and also contains a PDF copy of the presentation with steps and provides details of each commit, which will help you see changes between steps. Hopefully you can find this useful.

Regards,

Daniel

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

My course: Introduction to Developing Power BI Visuals

On how to ask a technical question, if you really want an answer (courtesy of SQLBI)

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors