Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

exceldoktor

WooCommerce Rest API

Hi Community,

I have a Power BI model, where I on a weekly basis creates a number of csv files from woocommerce, that I import to Power BI.

I would like to automate that process.

I have the possibility to buy a process, that does all of that for me, but for $35 per month and then I can not control anything the way I want it.

Can anyone help with instructions on how to set this up myself. 

it seems like an easy thing to do, if you know how to (after all it is just a few csv files that should be connected (as an alternative), but it would be great to know the process as in the future I would like to get my facebook as well as my mailchimp account connected as well.

best regards
Jørgen

7 REPLIES 7
Rose__123
Helper II
Helper II

Hi Jørgen
Did you find a solution?

hi Rose,

I know it is a long time since you asked the question. No I never solved the problem. So far I have been copy and pasting data, which does not work very well.

regards
Jørgen

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @exceldoktor,

I have two ideas to handle with your requirement, you can take a look at the below scenarios if they helped.

#1, Sync data to specify path then use power bi to get data.

1. Create a flow or other type of schedule to sync the woocommerce data to a local device or cloud server(SharePoint/one drive).

2. Use power bi folder connector(local) or web connector(cloud service) to get data from these paths.

Combine files (binaries) in Power BI Desktop - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Use OneDrive for Business links in Power BI Desktop - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

#2, Create a list of key values and use web connector to loop these values with the rest API.

Loop through Multiple Web Pages using Power Query - Adatis

Solved: Pull data from a REST API Authentication - Microsoft Power BI Community

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
exceldoktor

I would prefer a dataconnector directly from WooCommerce, but if nothing else shows up, I will be looking seriously into the instructions you did send me.
Hopefully there is a direct solution and I can see that it is possible to create a token in WooCommerce, that I should be able to connect to.
regards
Jørgen

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jørgen,

One way you could go about this would be to setup a Python script that generates those CSV files for you on a schedule. Just have it update/override the same file, or you can potentially have it email or upload the file to sharepoint and the you can have multiple.

https://pypi.org/project/WooCommerce/

Here's a library for Python that supports connecting to the API for woocommerce. Just make sure that wherever you save the file it is at the same path on the gateway if you are using PBI Service.

Thank you, that sounds very interesting and I will try it.

But is not possible to connect Power BI to the Woocommerce's API??

Hello @Histos you can export data directly from Woocommerce API to Power BI instead of using CSV files. I connect my Woocommerce data using windsor.ai and I don't need to do any manual or copy/paste work

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.