Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

CCacho

Trigger Python script from Power BI and get result in near-real time back to Power BI

Hi all,

I want to create a filter in PBI that, when selected, it runs a python code to calculate a new table from my original data (whenever the filter changes, the table is updated). I already tried other ways like defining measures to do this calculation but it is to complicated to do it with them and that is why we need a python script.

Do you know an easy way to do this?

Thank you,
Catarina

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @CCacho,

AFAIK, visual filter effect and interaction should be more suitable to use Dax expression to handle. (e.g. isfiltered, isinscope)

Python visual can get filtered records but power bi does not include historical data features, so you can't directly use script to reproduce these filter interactions.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @CCacho,

AFAIK, visual filter effect and interaction should be more suitable to use Dax expression to handle. (e.g. isfiltered, isinscope)

Python visual can get filtered records but power bi does not include historical data features, so you can't directly use script to reproduce these filter interactions.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.