Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

JoshGirvan
Regular Visitor

Timeline slicer vs custom slicer

Hi all

Currently I am using two slicers to adjust dates on our dashboard. One as a timeline slider and the second as a financial year selection button. See picture one.

1.JPG

Unfortunately there is no functionality in Power BI for these two slicers to sync with one another. When I have, for example, FY18 selected, the timeline slider does not adjust to the new dates as you can see in picture two. 

2.JPG

The alternative option is the custom timeline slicer. While this slicer has some added functionality, it is simple unusable for our purposes. Primarily the amount of space it take up on the dashboard is more than 4x the original two slicers (see Picute three).3.JPG

Is there a way to add this basic sync functionality in the original timeline slicer and buttons in picture one?

Thanks
Josh

2 REPLIES 2
v-evelk
Employee
Employee

Hi Josh,

I am afraid that it's impossible to do anything with a core timeline slicer.

However, we are working on scale adjustment for custom timeline slicer so, it will contain such feature in the next version and will be more compact.

Kind Regards,

Evgenii Elkin,
Software Engineer
Microsoft Power BI Custom Visuals
pbicvsupport@microsoft.com

Hi v-evelk,

Thanks for the response. I'll look forward to the new custom slicer!

Regards,

Josh

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Power BI Carousel June 2024

Power BI Monthly Update - June 2024

Check out the June 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.