Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

RuiRomanoMS
Microsoft Employee
Microsoft Employee

Share your thoughts on Power BI Project files (PBIP) and Fabric Git Integration

Hit Reply to tell us about your experience with Power BI Project files (PBIP) and Fabric Git Integration for Power BI Semantic Models and Reports so we can continue to improve.

For example:

• What changes would you like to see?
  • What are your main challenges/issues?
  • Any suggestions for additional settings or capabilities?

Thanks,

-Power BI team

25 REPLIES 25

We are working to support the AS/AAS scenario. Until then of all you want to source control the thin reports, if you live connect the report to the model in the service and not to Analsysis Services it should work because the connection in definition.pbir will be to the model in the workspace and not to Analysis Services. I believe the error you get its because the connection in definition.pbir is to the Analysis Services server. Can you confirm?

Great that you are working on it.

Yes, I can confirm. There is no model in the service, I can connect to, as the reports are connected through a gateway to on-prem SSAS. So I have saved the AS connected PBIX as a PBIP, and get the error when I try to sync from Azure DevOps repo into an empty workspace. The definition.pbir connectionString is pointing at the SSAS server.

AlexisOlson
Super User
Super User

Please allow an option for more granular serialization to represent measures as distinct TMDL files rather than part of a larger table definition. This makes maintaining measures simpler.

I currently do this with TE3 folder structure in JSON format and can't switch to TMDL until this level of granularity is possible.

Its in our backlog, but not a priority. Can you please log a new idea on aka.ms/fabricideas?

v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @RuiRomanoMS ,

What changes would you like to see?

I hope the UI interface is more concise and clear, and the synchronization of Git integration can be more real-time and convenient

What are your main challenges/issues?

The synchronization steps of Git integration are a bit cumbersome, and sometimes there are some restrictions

Any suggestions for additional settings or capabilities?

I hope to broaden the compatibility and support for synchronization of certain unsupported workspace items (especially fabric-related items).

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Power BI Carousel June 2024

Power BI Monthly Update - June 2024

Check out the June 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

PBI_Carousel_NL_June

Fabric Community Update - June 2024

Get the latest Fabric updates from Build 2024, key Skills Challenge voucher deadlines, top blogs, forum posts, and product ideas.