Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Alexander24
Helper II
Helper II

Query Parameters API

Hi

I am using the new query parameters API https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt845781.aspx

I am able to call parameters fine, however when trying to set them i get an error message.  After parsing the error I get this

VERBOSE: POST https://api.powerbi.com/v1.0/myorg/groups/e7229a42-46ef-4d80-b8ca-e42909509dbb/datasets/5ef116d7-917... with -1-byte payload

error : @{code=InvalidRequest; message=Dataset Parameters list is invalid in 5ef116d7-9179-40a2-8a30-a657265dfe4a. Reason: Empty;
target=5ef116d7-9179-40a2-8a30-a657265dfe4a}

I dont understand because the parameters list is not empty? I have created a physical table with the parameters and tried and then also created a list of values in the manage parameters settings and it still gives the same error.

Thanks,
Alexander

2 REPLIES 2
Alexander24
Helper II
Helper II

Can anybody from support point me in the right direction at least?

Hello team,

am new to power bi when i try to update parameter by using c# (Embeded)
UpdateDatasetParametersRequest updaetparamObj = new UpdateDatasetParametersRequest();

var jsonobj = "{\"updateDetails\": [{ \"name\": \"loggedTenantid\", \"newValue\": \"9\"}]}";
JavaScriptSerializer jsonSerializer = new JavaScriptSerializer();
updaetparamObj = jsonSerializer.Deserialize<UpdateDatasetParametersRequest>(jsonobj);

var updateParam = await client.Datasets.UpdateParametersInGroupAsync(WorkspaceId, report.DatasetId, updaetparamObj);

am facing below problem please do need full
Status: BadRequest (400) Response: {"error":{"code":"InvalidRequest","message":"Dataset parameter at position 1 is invalid in abcdefghigj. Reason: ActionNotSupported","target":"
abcdefghigj
"}} RequestId:
abcdefghigj

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.