Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

apenaranda
Post Patron
Post Patron

PowerBiEmbedded-master - RowLevelSecurityDemo

Hello,
I am working with a Microsoft project for embedded power bi, the project specifically is “PowerBiEmbedded-master - RowLevelSecurityDemo”

This project makes you log into a table of users that it has created, which I am interested in doing, so that users do not have to access twice with username and password, I would like to know a little about how this login works.
When you access the web for the first time, it already checks if you have accessed or not, which I don't know where it does it within the project. And if I could, the good thing would be from a variable that I pass to it, I would buy it with one of the logins that it has in the BBDD.
If you could help me… thank you very much.

1 REPLY 1
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @apenaranda ,

Which embedded analytics method are you using? Embed content for customersEmbed content for your organization? Is it static RLS or dynamic RLS applied in the report? If you're embedding to Power BI users (user owns data), within your organization, RLS works the same as it does within the Power BI service directly. There's nothing more you need to do in your application. If you're embedding for non-Power BI users (app owns data), it requires applying the user and role to an embed token, embed tokens are used to grant a user access to a specific Power BI Embedded report. Power BI Embedded doesn't have any specific information on who your user is. For RLS to work, you need to pass some additional context as part of your embed token in the form of identities(username, roles and dataset). 

{
    "accessLevel": "View",
    "identities": [
        {
            "username": "EffectiveIdentity",
            "roles": [ "Role1", "Role2" ],
            "datasets": [ "fe0a1aeb-f6a4-4b27-a2d3-b5df3bb28bdc" ]
        }
    ]
}

You can review the following links for more details and get the answer of your question...

How do you use RLS with Power BI Embedded??? (Mainly talking about the embedded content for customers with RLS)

Row-level security with Power BI Embedded

Power BI Embedded: Convention-based dynamic Row-level Security

Enable Row Level Security (RLS) and Embed PowerBI Dashboard in an Application

yingyinr_1-1649660018360.png

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.