Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

patrail
Frequent Visitor

Power BI Report Builder unable to connect to dataset

Hi,

I am trying to modify my paginated report dataset for a report connected to PBI datasource.  The query runs fine in the Query Designer but when I close it I get the following error:

Unable to connect to data source. Please verify the connection properties., credentials, and all needed 64-bit versions of data providers are correctly installed. 

I have tried downloading the latest version of Report Builder and logged out and back into my PBI account. Any suggestions are greatly apprciated, thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Did you find the solution? when yes, could you please share? I'm facing the issue.

Thank you

bond
Frequent Visitor

Hi,
Did you find a solution to this?
I have 2 memebers of my team that are experiancing the same issue.

Sean12321
Regular Visitor

Hi Liang,  I am also having the same issue with access to my Power BI dataset in Report Builder.  The exact same messge pops up and I have the most recent versions of the gateway and Report builder.

V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @patrail ,

What is the data source and how do you connect to it?

See if these will help:
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Power-Query/ODBC-Connection-Error-Driver-Error/td-p/163517 
https://whitepages.unlimitedviz.com/2019/10/fixing-power-bi-report-builder-connection-errors/ 

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Liang, thanks for the response. I reivewed both links and neither seem to solve the problem.
I'm connecting to a dataset I have stored in Power BI service. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.