Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

taisiyas
Regular Visitor

Power BI + Power Apps integration: scalability question

Hello, Power BI professionals,

I need your help on a matter. 

I am trying to embed Power BI reports into a model-driven (Dynamics 365) app which will then be available for multiple users from multiple organizations, and I am stuck here at a scalability challenge. The documentation says that "Power BI components [in Dataverse] can be easily managed as part of your ALM", yet, from what I see, the end users would need to create and manage Power BI ecosystem by themselves in order to have access to Power BI reports (which are a part of our Solution), as far as I understood.

From another side, for Customer Service, for example, Microsoft offers some pre-built Power BI reports for which no additional licensing is needed and no additional Power BI workspaces (at least on the end-user end) are created. I would like to have something similar for our users (our = external users from other organization which will consume our Solution), but on our own data. Do you maybe know anything about best practices here? I have gone through a BUNCH of documentation about Dataverse, Power BI, Power Apps, Dynamics 365, Power BI for Customer Service Dynamics 365 App, ISV, but I don't seem to be able to connect all the pieces of this puzzle into one wholesome picture.

I will be happy for any advice, information, or experience sharing.

Thank you in advance,

Kind regards,
Tais
3 REPLIES 3
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @taisiyas ,

Please review the following links, hope they can help you.

Embed Power BI report in a Power BI embedded analytics application for your customers - Power BI | M...

Solved: Embed PBI Report in Dynamics 365 - Row Level Secur... - Microsoft Fabric Community

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello again,

Do you maybe know if Power BI components in Power Apps would work with Power BI Embedded (classical embedded, a.k.a. ex-Power BI Premium) - App Owns the Data mode?

Thank you in advance for your kind reply.

Kind regards,

T.

Thank you for the links provided. However, unfortunately, I don't seem to find there the answers my questions. What I am trying to do is to create a scalable solution based on a model-driven app which many users from many companies would be able to implement on their side - and with their data - by themselves. Unless I am missing something here (which absolutely might have happenned due to my lack of technical knowledge), the Apps Owns the Data scenario is not what we are looking for in this case (the RLS link you have kindly posted here), and while the first link (about how to embed PBI into Power Apps) is relevant, those steps were already applied on my side.

If you have any thoughts about the matter, please do share them.

Kind regards,

Tais

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.