Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

lmarangio
Helper I
Helper I

Power BI - Azure table storage - Limits

Hey community,

following this giude Connect to a knowledge store with Power BI - Azure Cognitive Search | Microsoft Learn I connected 

my azure table storage to Power BI. I was wondering if there are some limitation on the underlying dataset in PBI; for instance, when creating a push dataset with RetentionPolicy "None", you have a limit of 5.000.000 rows per table, and limits on the amount of requests you can send to the PBI API: Power BI REST APIs push datasets limitations - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

So what happen if I ingest 6.000.000 of entities in my Azure table? They will still be processed by PBI? If I insert 20.000 entities with a single request in the Azure table, they will be ingested in "real time" in PBI? 

What kind of dataset PBI creates when I create a connection between Azure table and PBI?

Thanks for the help,

Luigi

4 REPLIES 4
lmarangio
Helper I
Helper I

This one is still open. 

lmarangio
Helper I
Helper I

Still open. 

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @lmarangio,

>>So what happen if I ingest 6.000.000 of entities in my Azure table? They will still be processed by PBI? If I insert 20.000 entities with a single request in the Azure table, they will be ingested in "real time" in PBI? 

These should be considered with operation methods, if you directly use rest API to push the data over the limit amounts, the request will be failed and got the response about exceed to the limit.

If you split these and push them in batch, some of the records can be pushed successfully and power bi will return message when requests amounts are exceeded to the limitations.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Sorry to say @v-shex-msft  but looks to me that you did not read properly my question. The behavior you are describing is the behavior of a push dataset in PBI; the question is different! What happen when I create a connection between an Azure table and PBI trough Power BI Desktop? What kind of dataset PBI creates (if any)? What are the limits of this connection? There is no limit on the entities that I can put in an Azure table, what are the limits on PBI then? Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors