Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oracle Database error when trying to connect Dataflow

Hi all,

Hope you're all fine.

I'm having this error when trying to connect to an Oracle Database via Dataflow:

"Exception: Error on trying to read the data from provider: 'Attempt to load Oracle client lib resulted in BadImageFormatException. This problem will occur ao execute mode 64 bits with components of cliente Oracle 32 bits installed."

I really don't know what to do

Thanks for your time

3 REPLIES 3
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

According to the error message, it seems like some issue with the wrong data format when connecting the database.
What version of the connection client are you worked on? 32 bit or 64 bit? I'd like to suggest you test with the same versions to get data to prevent the compatibility issue.

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly  

In addition, you can also take a look at the following link about same issue if it helps:

.net - BadImageFormatException. This will occur when running in 64 bit mode with the 32 bit Oracle client components installed - Stack Overflow
Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-shex-msft,

As I'm using Dataflow should I proceed with this installation on the server where is locatted the database?

I quite don't understand why I have to install on my machine or other, as Dataflow should take care of it, right? Also, the client is x64.

HI @Anonymous,

Yes, dataflow entities are host on the power bi service side and you do not have permission to install the data driver client on it. (If you are work with a cloud data source which not required a data gateway, it means power bi will use the most recent stable version clients to handle data connections)

What version of the database and connector driver are you worked on? (the device host the database and gateway client)

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.