Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Sourjobraato

Open a React form from Power BI Dashboard embedded inside the React Page

Hi friends,
I have a Power BI Dashboard integrated in a React Webpage. The dashboard features a table visual with an icon in the comment column. Is there a way to open a form in React Webpage to change the row data adjacent to which I have clicked the icon? Below is an example of a dummy dashboard with a table visual and a comment icon in each row.

Screenshot 2024-04-02 160929.png

2 REPLIES 2
v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @Sourjobraato ,

According to your description, you have embedded your dashboard into a React page, and you want to open a form by clicking on a specific data item. First, to open a form within the embedded context, you’ll likely need to write custom frontend code that handles the navigation to the form you’ve developed in your React webpage.

Regarding Power BI and form navigation, it’s typically achieved using Power Apps. You might find it helpful to explore Power Apps for implementing form interactions within your Power BI solution. Here are some resources you can refer to:

Write Back in Power BI with Power Apps Visual | Input Data from Power BI Tutorial (youtube.com)

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Yes, editing data by integrating PowerApps inside the Dashboard is a good procedure. But in this case, I don't want to integrate PowerApps. That's why I'm looking for a direct opening of a React form from the Dashboard.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.