Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

piper
Frequent Visitor

Need help on creating/cloning report with new data programmatically

Hi All,

I am new to power bi, and since few weeks trying to figure out a feasible solution for cloning/duplicating a report and linking it to new data correctly.

I have a scenario wherein,

• I get a csv data file from multiple clients
  • Now, for a single client, I can surely go to power bi, and can upload the csv file to create dataset and then can create report.
  • But, all the clients, I want to automate this process.
  • Can anyone please guide me on this, regarding possible approach to do following programmatically:
    • Able to populate new data either in dataset or somewhere in power bi
    • Create new report (clone/duplicate of earlier one) and point it to newly populated data
    • Get the embed url and token for newly created report

PS:

• I tried Clone-Rebind reports api. It doesn't work with programmatically created datasets. And, after cloning into new workspace, it doesn't give access to created shared dataset via api. I have spent almost 2 weeks to play around this.
  • I don't have windows machine, so, can't use power bi desktop always. But, if it helps to generate some file like .pbix which if possible I can modify programmatically, then I can give it another thought.
0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.