Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

vmurali1
Frequent Visitor

Need help for a custom visualization

Hey, 

I am looking to do a conditional formatting in a matrix visualization based on a text column. Here is a sample below:

Vendor JanFebMarch 
TMZ 100$200100
STR200$300400

I've included the contract status (Contract / No Contract) and item description under the rows.

To provide a picture, there will be a plus(+) sign right next to the TMZ and STR. When you click it, it drills down to contract status and different items purchased from the vendor.  The cumilative dollar amount is what you are seeing above. One might have purchased $20 worth of non contracted item and $80 worth of contracted item which brings the total to $100 
I am looking to do a conditional formatting for the months where i should be able to see 80% (for contracted item purchases) green and 20% red (non contract purchases) keeping the dollar value same ($100). 
IS there a way to do this ?

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @vmurali1 ,

I'm not clear about your requirement. Could you please provide some sample data in your tables (exclude sensitive data) with Text format and your expected result with backend logic and special examples. Especially please explain how do you want to configure conditional formatting base on your sample data. It is better if you can share a simplified pbix file. You can refer the following link to upload the file to the community. Thank you.

How to upload PBI in Community

And you can refer to the following link to configure the conditional formatting.

Apply conditional formatting in tables and matrixes

yingyinr_1-1662540290810.png

How to Apply Conditional Formatting in Power BI Tables

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @vmurali1 ,

I'm not clear about your requirement. Could you please provide some sample data in your tables (exclude sensitive data) with Text format and your expected result with backend logic and special examples. Especially please explain how do you want to configure conditional formatting base on your sample data. It is better if you can share a simplified pbix file. You can refer the following link to upload the file to the community. Thank you.

How to upload PBI in Community

And you can refer to the following link to configure the conditional formatting.

Apply conditional formatting in tables and matrixes

yingyinr_1-1662540290810.png

How to Apply Conditional Formatting in Power BI Tables

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.