Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

glavergne

Need advice on new project

Hello everyone, my name is Guillaume and i'm a french student in my 4th year of computer science studies. I'm currently in an internship in a company that ask me to use Power BI but i'm not sure if it can be the best tool for us or not and i need your advice.

We have a website made in symfony were all of our customers have an account. I need power BI to make a tool where the customers can ask all the statistics they want on their datas and Power BI need to make the graphics adapted. I firstly thought about the API to get the graphs wanted depending on the request to make an iframe that i would integrate to my code dynamically. But i'm not sure about a lot of things.

First, every customers has they own data, can i connect Power BI to multiple data bases and get data from one or another as i want? Secondly, can i put in place the idea i have to create, with APIs, reports on Power BI depending on the request made by the customer and use the iframe made on my website?

I've already asked this question and a support already told me that Power BI was not adapted for my answer with a problem of flexibilityµ. He also told me to use Jupiter notebook. I've made the mistake to send him a private message and it was'nt appropriated, that's why i continue my discussion here.

Can i have more details on why Power Bi is not flexible enough? Why jupiter notebook can be a good alterntavie?

Thanks in advance for your answer.

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.