Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

HeadExec

Independent Contractor - Development For Customer

Hello-

I am consulting for a customer.  They would like to use Power BI to connect to their HRIS system.  I will be doing a majority of the development along with some help from a point of contact in the organization.

My question is, if that organization purchases a license for me in their domain, can I log into power BI desktop from "my home" for example and develop/publish content?

Any other way to do this or is this how it is typically done?

Thanks,

Dan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @HeadExec ,

You will can view and edit report in the special browser (not in customer's tenant or in your tenant directly ) when you are added the as the guest user in other tenant. As far as I know, Power BI doesn't support us to publish report to the Power BI Service in other domain(organization). You can publish the report in Power BI Service (your organization) and then share the report with your customer.

For reference: Share Power BI reports and dashboards with coworkers and others

Or you need to login in Power BI Desktop by an account in your customer organization ,then build the report and publish it to Power BI Service (customer organization).

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HeadExec

Thank you so much, this helps!! -Dan

v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @HeadExec ,

You will can view and edit report in the special browser (not in customer's tenant or in your tenant directly ) when you are added the as the guest user in other tenant. As far as I know, Power BI doesn't support us to publish report to the Power BI Service in other domain(organization). You can publish the report in Power BI Service (your organization) and then share the report with your customer.

For reference: Share Power BI reports and dashboards with coworkers and others

Or you need to login in Power BI Desktop by an account in your customer organization ,then build the report and publish it to Power BI Service (customer organization).

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.